Getting crafty just in time for some cute summer solstice decorations which also add a little color to any gals room!
1. First, you’ll need a pair of chopsticks and some yarn. We used a multicolored ball of yarn which gave our final design a cool pattern! You can also choose to alternate between different colors of yarn.
2. Tie your chopsticks together by knotting a small strand of yarn around their center.
3. Snip the excess yarn from the knot.
4. Cross the chopsticks to create an “X” shape.
5. Hold the center of the cross and with the beginning end of the yarn, wrap around the top of your first chopstick.
6. Continue to wrap the yarn around each chopstick in an under-over motion.
7. You should start to see a diamond pattern form as your god’s eye progresses.
8. When you have almost reached the end of your chopsticks, tie a single knot at the top of one of the sticks and leave yourself extra thread for hanging.
9. Good job! Now you have your very own decoration for celebrating summer! Once you’re a pro, try adding beads or feathers to your designs!
Until next time,